As part of our strategic partnership with Evelyn Partners I am delighted to be able to extend an invitation to attend their 'Doing Business in the US' event, co-hosted with CliftonLarsonAllen, the 8th largest US accountancy firm, Robinson + Cole, a leading US law firm, and Signature Bank, a US commercial bank. The event will be focussed on the practical issues and opportunities for UK companies looking to expand and grow in the United States.
17:15 Arrival and drinks reception
17:45 Introduction and keynote speaker (SelectUSA)
18:10 Panel discussion and Q&A
The event will include a Keynote speech from Gus Franklyn-Bute, SelectUSA, U.S Embassy (London) SelectUSA is the U.S. Government program led by the U.S. Department of Commerce that focuses on facilitating job-creating business investment into the United States. This will be followed by a panel discussion hosted by Alistair Shaw, International Tax Partner, Evelyn Partners giving you the opportunity to hear from a fantastic line up of US inbound expert panellists with a range of different experiences of doing business in the US, including:
- Dave Springsteen, Managing Principal, Global Services, CLA
- Jeff White, Partner, Robinson+ Cole
- Matthew Cohen, Group Director, Signature Bank
The panel will share their thoughts on the opportunities and potential pitfalls that UK businesses should consider when doing business in the US, including:
- Setting up a business in the US - Practical considerations (immigration, structure, legal, tax and banking) and choosing the right US location
- Practical considerations for UK founders/management relocating to the US
- Growing a business in the US - Maximising US opportunities and managing risk
- Seeking funding in the US
- Preparing for a successful exit
There will be an opportunity for networking afterwards with the focus on building valuable connections with other businesses who already operate or are seeking to expand into the US and organisations (like our panellists) who can support your US expansion.
Who should attend:
The event is targeted at fast growth businesses who are looking to expand to the US for the first time or those with existing US operations and looking to grow.