Cindy is delighted to have been invited to the FT Board Programme’s next NED Conversations members’ networking event.
AI and the Board
The use of AI is growing exponentially. According to recent research, the global Artificial Intelligence (AI) market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 37.3% from 2023 to 2030 to reach USD 1,811.8 billion by 2030.
Yet a survey conducted by the IoD in 2022 revealed that over 86% of businesses were already using AI in some form without their boards being aware of it and 80% of boards did not have a process in place to audit their use of AI.
AI offers huge opportunities to businesses but also brings with it potential threats if not implemented properly. This is very much a matter for the board, not just the IT department.
We are delighted to present a highly experienced panel of experts who will look at AI from a board’s perspective and answer the following questions:
- What actually is AI and its common uses?
- How to understand AI’s pitfalls and limitations?
- What are good questions for non-execs to ask of the exec team around AI?
- What are good questions for boards to ask of themselves around AI?
- What’s happening at the moment in regulation and standards around AI in the UK and Europe?
- What are we seeing in terms of trends in governance of AI? What safe-guards need to be in place?
- This event is a practical look at the matters that arise from the use of AI as well as an opportunity to ask questions and network with peers in an informal environment. The event will be in a hybrid format, allowing you to join either in-person or virtually.